Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ntdll.dll error appcrash while running old programs in Windows Vista/7 x64-bit

The ntdll.dll error comes under many programs and their cause is different in each case. Especially while running a very old program/software/game with new versions of x64-bit type Windows may pop-up this error.


Here the Developer Studio in Compaq visual fortran v6.x calls this file(ntdll.dll) directly from Windows for Native application interface. This file has been heavily patched in Windows Vista and 7 due to underlying vulnerability and security risks in earlier versions of Windows (NT, Xp) and so it does not provide full functionality over other software which handles it before and hence the application crashes. Now a days many Windows applications and software vendors incorporate Native application libraries within their products rather directly calling from windows.

Possible Solutions:
1. Change the compatibility mode to Earlier versions of Windows and set Privilege level to Administrator.


2. Disable User account control in Windows Vista and 7.


3. Disable Program Compatibility Assistant in Windows Vista and 7.

Note: This error cannot be fixed in cases like if you are using 2nd or 3rd Generation CPU's (i3/i5/i7) regardless of Windows Vista/7 (x86/x64 bit).


14 comments:

  1. Good to point out solution, thanks. I had ntdll error when opening Yahoo Messenger 10 (I don't like later version) archive running on windows 8, changing its shortcut to be compatible with windows 7 solves the problem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank god I found this post. I was struggling a lot with my windows crashing. I work in a group where students can but essay service in Atlanta online, and working on a laptop is our everyday chore. And recently I have been facing sudden freeze in windows. I wondered what is, so I googled it and its solutions. Now thanks to you, I will be able to solve it. Thank you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this engaging article. Sometimes you use real-life examples in your articles that are perfect for me as a reader, but unfortunately, sometimes I didn’t get your point in the post. It seems fake or irrelevant. Well, it’s a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog. I liked it. It is impressive in its way, but there were some issues in the content that was not fascinating for me as a reader. Although this article also includes some great ideas as well, the way of delivering was not impressive to me. I am hoping to get a useful and error-free article from you in the future as you are my ideal writer in this field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always search for the content that is written by you because you always provide authentic information in your writing. Nothing is more amazing than articles that attract and impress readers. You share your amazing thoughts, and your readers also love to give a positive response to it, that’s all. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Blog is very informative for us. Thanks for writing about it. In this article, some examples help me in applying in daily life. amazing You have explained each and everything very well in detail. I hope you will write more pieces which help us in our daily routines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is the driving force behind flawless operations, and Cisco's dedication to quality is evident. A valuable addition to any network architecture is this power supply!The 341-0375-04 The Cisco 400-Watt Plug Power Supply revolutionizes network dependability.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment...

Livefyre